#tonightsbill: November 2015

This month turned out to be a big Off-Broadway month for me.  Of course I love to see Broadway shows, and see them often.  But this month I got downtown to support the work of my friends and some new works and it was delightful. 


Seeing Homecoming King was my first time at The Cherry Lane, and what a great experience.  Hasan is such a wonderful story teller, and completely drew me in to his families story and their unique experience of the American Dream.  It's back by popular demand in January.  GET TO SEE THIS! Full disclosure, my friend David is on the producing team but the way I see it that just gives you one more reason to GO! 


If there's one man I would go out to support no matter what show he was doing it's John Lampe.  You may remember him from my Shakespeare in the Park adventures this summer! Bonus, this time he was doing a show I really like!  I had a wonderful time re-visitng Much Ado and I can't wait to see what he does next! 


This months Broadway bill was The Illusionists.  If you saw this show last year, don't worry, they have definitely shaken things up and it is spectacular and death defying as ever! It's a perfect experience to shake up your holiday season! 


Much Ado round two! These Paper Bullets at Atlantic Theatre company was a riot.  Billie Joe Armstrong's music pays homage to Fab Four while also standing on its own two feet.  I haven't heard any word of a Broadway transfer as of yet, but I hope they cut an album! 


It makes me so happy to see that the Off-Broadway musical is alive and well! Get out to see these shows before they close! -xo Sydney 

Comments

Popular Posts