Christmas Movies: The B List

So you've seen my Christmas Movies That Aren't Christmas movies lists, and now it's time for my favorite lesser known Christmas films.  Or as I affectionally refer to them The B List! 


The Bishop's Wife: I discovered this movie many years ago during a Turner Classic Movies marathon at my Grandma's.  It stars Carey Grant as an angel, Dudley, summoned by the prayers of Bishop Henry Brougham to help him raise funds for his new Cathedral.  But in the end Dudley helps him realize the importance of putting ones family first, trusting in God, and letting the rest fall into place. Both funny and poignant this movie reminds you what the Christmas season is all about.


Joyeux Noel: This beautiful film depicts the story of the Christmas armistice in 1914 during World War I. With the French, Scottish and German front lines stepping into No Mans Land to share a Christmas drink and sing carols it really makes you believe anything is possible. This is definitely a movie not to be missed.


Christmas in Connecticut: This Christmas farce stars Barbara Stanwyck as "Diary of a Housewife" columnist Elizabeth Lane. Elizabeth is set to entertain both her publisher and a war hero at her picturesque Connecticut farm for Christmas.  The only problem is she's a single woman living in a New York apartment! This movie is funny, heartwarming, and leads me to my own fond memories of spending Christmas in Connecticut at Seven Angles Theatre.

I hope you enjoyed getting acquainted with some of my favorite Christmas movies! If you have any favorite B List films I want to know! - xo Sydney

Comments

Popular Posts