Local Coffee July

I'm not sure what exactly inspired me to start this project, but I'm really glad I did.  It got me out to appreciate my favorite places in Astoria before I moved, and it's made me step out and explore my new neighborhood as well. 

To all of you who kept following me on Instagram this month even though I was only posting photos of coffee, I thank you.  I promise to go back to posting photos of records and playbills soon! 



Frission is my #1 stop in Midtown.  They're located on 47th Street btw 8th/9th which just so happens to be on my way from the train to ballet.  In the winter when I brave the cold to get out to an evening class I always reward myself with their Hot Chocolate which is the BEST! 


Bakeway, like The Strand is an Astoria staple.  And they also have Lavender Lattes.... 


When I went home to Missouri I lived on Yanni's Coffee Zone.  Their Rocket Fuel is amazing plus my mom has a tab there.  Only in small town Missouri would you be able to set up at tab at your local coffee shop.  It's all very Luke's Diner. 



Drinking only local coffee also helped my boss and I switch up locations for our weekly meetings which provided a great change of pace. 


My last Coffeed latte as an Astoria resident. :) 


I swear those weren't both for me...


...really...


I can't wait to find a day to work at Darling Coffee in Inwood  I really like their bright open space, and their designated tables for computers and no computers. It made finding a place to sit and catch up with my college friend Cavanaugh super easy. 




I've been passing this Cafe Grumpy for years on my way to DMO but I always have my Starbucks already in my hand.  Problem solved! 



This months winner for best local coffee comes from Cherry Tree, the Organic deli in my new neighborhood.  YUM! 


I never need an excuse to stop at Schmackary's, but it's always good to have one anyway.  Their iced coffee goes perfectly with Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter. 

What did I discover? A lot of things, but first and foremost, if the coffee's good you don't need to put anything in it. Plus, going to local business is a lot of fun.  The staff are nicer, and they're usually quieter than big chains. 

What are YOUR favorite local coffee spots? I want to know! -xo Sydney 

Comments

Popular Posts