The Flyer Kid Diaries: Stories from Times Square


As my side job I am a brand ambassador and flyer girl for some of the most popular shows on Broadway and around the world.  As such, I am subject to many very unique experiences in and around Times Square.  Such is a flyer kids life.

This week I was stopped by a couple from Glasgow, Scotland.  They had never been to New York before, but knew immediately who I was.  They had seen our team working and performing via the Times Square live feed cam on their home computer.  In Scotland! What?! Needless to say they were very excited to meet one of us in person (and I them) and to be able to attend the show on one of their two remaining days in New York.

I won't lie to you and say that all of my Times Square encounters are this pleasant.  However, it is moments like these that make this job worth it, and remind me just how influential we ambassadors, as a group, can be.

In a way, I think this is something that all jobs share.  The day to day grind of going to work, doing your job and coming home can be monotonous and exhausting, and really get you down.  But it really only takes one person taking the time to stop and tell you they noticed you to make it all worth it.  Who knows, maybe you could be that person for someone and not even know it.  I sure hope so. :)
-xo Sydney

Comments

Popular Posts