Where Does the Good Go?

If you’ve been around these parts for any amount of time you will know, very well, the journey I have been on for the last two or so years. Leaving a dream behind, embarking on a new life in a familiar place, and finding my way back to myself.


Through the work I’ve done I’ve developed some skills, intentions really, for how I’d like to live my life. They are as follows: 

Be present. Rather than 5 steps ahead, be In the moment whenever possible. 

Meet people where they are. See them, accept them, and move forward from there.

Dare greatly. Be an open-hearted person, who bares all, risking sadness in the hope of finding joy. 

I had an experience recently wherein everything I’d been working toward, all of my good intentions came together in one perfect moment. In that moment, time stopped and wrapped me in its warm embrace, transporting me to a world where all stood still.

This freeze frame in time allowed me to see and be seen in such a deep and intimate way I truly have nothing to compare it to. And then, like so many things, that moment of presence was over, and I was thrust back into my life, and out of time. 

Was it a dream? A mirage? No. It was real, real life, and yet...

It's an odd sensation to let go of something that makes you happy, even when it's for the right reasons.  One minute your heart and soul are exposed and exploding with joy, and in the next, there's a void, no corresponding vessel to receive that good.

What do you do, when you come across everything you desire, but it doesn’t turn out as you planned? Where does all that good go? 

In order to keep going, to dry my tears, to keep putting one foot in front of the other, I have to believe that all the good goes into hope.  Hope that this connection was a sign that I am on the right track. Hope that the maddening work is paying off. Hope, that if this perfect moment was not to be more then there is surely something great waiting for me on the horizon, where there will be more good.  Until then, I will hold close my heart full of warm memories and just keep walking. - xo Sydney 

PS. Words can only take us so far in matters of the soul, so I put this together too. I hope you'll find something in it you like. 

Comments

Popular Posts